Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Blog 2: US Supreme Court

After watching both shorts films it shocked me to see that none of the videos included the original 1787 or 1791 versions of the Constitution, which included the Bill of Rights. Given that those are the real copies of these documents, I find this interesting. Considering that the first Constitution was drafted in 1787, I believe it is important that they have access to those records. The fact that they had all the documentation from the Civil War impressed me as well. I will always find it fascinating that groups of people like women, Native Americans, African Americans, and so on were left out of the original Constitution, despite the fact that I was already aware of this. 


I learned from watching the video that the US Supreme Court hears over 7,000 cases annually. The power to take a decision from a lower court to the Supreme Court interests me. I found it very interesting that, after receiving all of these files, they only accept roughly 100 per year, indicating that it is an extremely time-consuming procedure. Following this procedure, they all review the paperwork before deciding whether to approve or reject the case once a week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 8: Diffusion of Bluetooth

Innovators Innovators, or people who are constantly looking for cutting-edge technologies, even if they come with a lot of uncertainty, were...