Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Blog 1: My Top 5 News Sources

 

New York Times- I receive much of my news from the New York times. My mom will often send me news stories through there and I will browse through more stories on my own. The New York Times also has fun games to play that I do daily, such as the wordle and connections. I like this news source because although it is based in New York city it covers the news nation wide. Therefore I can find out about all the news thats going on in the world in one place without going to different sites. This is one of my favorite news platforms because it is a reliable source that has a good reputation. 



Instagram - This is not a typical place to get news but I find that I constantly find out something new. Instagram, is a good place to get news about celebrities or influences because they are always posting on social media. The one concern I have about this is that you have to be careful because it could e fake news. Instagram is also good because you can follow news channels such as ABC, CNBC, CNN and many others. You can look at all these different news channels on one app and you can see quick shortened versions of the story. 



Fox News - I grew up watching Fox News. It was constantly on in the morning before I would go to school so this is a top news source for me. Fox news is one of the most watched news sources in the country which demonstrates its reliability. They also provide breaking news and live coverage which I like because I do not have to go to another channel. If its something important they will interrupt their current story with the new one. 




TikTok - Tiktok is an app I use when I need to pass some extra time or if I am just bored. There is often times where I am mindlessly scrolling or watching funny videos and a news story will appear on my feed. I do not follow any news platforms on tiktok but sometimes they come up on my "for your page." A "for you page" is a feed of videos personalized for the user based on previous videos they have watched, their age and gender. So if I find the story interesting enough I might go to their profile page and see other news stories by them. 



Snapchat - Snapchat is one of my most used apps. I use it to talk to my friends more than I use iMessage. I wish I did not but if find myself on it constantly watching people private stories and just texting back and forth with my friends. A private story is where you can chose who sees your posts, you can add as little as one person and make as many as 20 different stories with all different people. After I am finished viewing these stories, snapchat has its own stories in the discover page. This has many stories that offer worldwide news, some stories are titled Daily Mail, Stay Tuned and E- News. This is an easy way to quickly catch up on the news because it gives the most important details while still giving you the full story. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 8: Diffusion of Bluetooth

Innovators Innovators, or people who are constantly looking for cutting-edge technologies, even if they come with a lot of uncertainty, were...