Sunday, September 22, 2024

Blog Post 5: Privacy


In our world there is absolutely no privacy. Everything we do is monitored through one kind of technology even when you don't think so. Every phone call we make has the chance to be listened in on by our government, a foreign government, a criminal or anyone able to hack into the surveillance system. Even if it is not an important call like something as simple as talking to your mom on the phone about the groceries you got this morning; someone could have possibly been listening if they wanted to. 

We need to be more careful with all the information we put online. Anyone can find out too much information about you by just looking up your name. If anyone were to search up my name on google my instagram comes up where you can figure out where I live and go to school. You can see all of my friends names as well as where they go to school. My linkedIn comes up where you can see my major and where I went to high school. My family also comes up so with all of this information you could probably find my home address within minutes. It is crazy to think that a random person could have all of this personal information with no trouble at all.


We need to start protecting ourselves and choose what we put online more carefully. I had my instagram profile as public where anyone could see it but after watching all of the TedTalk posted I am switching it to private. I never really thought about how complete strangers could use my information against me. Not only am I putting myself at risk but all of my friends too, because they are all over my instagram and their profiles are also public. My family is also at risk because they're on it too and anyone who knows how to use a computer can look up my mom or dad and find my address and that could lead to a very dangerous situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 8: Diffusion of Bluetooth

Innovators Innovators, or people who are constantly looking for cutting-edge technologies, even if they come with a lot of uncertainty, were...